Knowledge Translation Materials
Webinar on Analysis of CLSA Data:
For People interested in their respiratory health:
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- *O’Neill C, *Good J, Dogra S. Can EVH results predict post-exercise changes in FEV1 following interval and continuous exercise? Lung; Accepted.
- Dogra S, *Wolfe M, Jeffrey M, Foley R, Sprenger H, Jones-Taggart H, Green-Johnson J. Short bursts of high intensity exercise reduce inflammation and lower leg swelling induced by prolonged sitting in otherwise active young adults. Submitted to BMC Sport Science, Medicine, and Rehabilitation; Accepted.
- *O’Neill C, *Russell M, Balogh R, Lloyd M, Dogra S. Asthma Prevalence and Control Levels among Special Olympics Athletes, and Asthma-Related Knowledge of their Coaches. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research. 2019 Apr;63(4):338-345.
- Copeland JL, *Good J, Dogra S. Strength training is associated with better functional fitness and healthy aging among physically active older adults. Aging Clinical and Experimental. 2019;9:1257-1263.
- *Good J, *Viana E, Burgomaster K, Dogra S. Acute responses to sprint-interval and continuous exercise in adults with and without exercise-induced bronchoconstriction. Journal of Sport Sciences. 2019; 37(2):212-220.
- Dogra S, *Good J, Gardiner PA, Copeland JC, Stickland M, Buman MP. Replacement Effects of Reallocating Sitting Time with Physical Activity on Lung Function: An Analysis of the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging. Health Reports. 2019;30(3).
- West SL, Banks L, Schneiderman JE, Caterini JE, Stephens S, White G, Dogra S, Wells GD. Physical Activity and Exercise Recommendations for Children with Chronic Illnesses. BMC Pediatrics. 2019;19:12.
- *Good J, Dogra S. Subjective responses to Sprint Interval Exercise in adults with and without Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction. Journal of Asthma. 2018;55(10):1059-1067.
- *Jagroop D, Dogra S. Physical activity among Canadian adults with obstructive respiratory diseases. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, Metabolism. 2018;43(10):1075-1082.
- *Avery M, Wattie N, Holmes MR, Dogra S. Seasonal changes in functional fitness and neurocognitive assessments in youth ice hockey players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2018;32(11):3143-3152.
- Dogra S, *Good J, Buman MP, Gardiner PA, Stickland M, Copeland JC. Movement Behaviours are Associated with Lung Function in Middle-Aged and Older Adults: A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging. BMC Public Health. 2018;18:818.
- Dogra S, *Good J, Buman MP, Gardiner PA, Copeland JC, Stickland M. Physical Activity and Sedentary Time are Related to Clinically Relevant Health Outcomes among Adults with Obstructive Lung Disease. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 2018; 18:98.
- Dogra S, *MacIntosh L, *O’Neill C, *D’Silva C, Shearer S, Smith K, Côté P. The association of physical activity with depression and stress among post-secondary school students: A systematic review. Mental Health and Physical Activity. 2018;14:146-156.
- *Jagroop D, Waller-Mabreae A, Dogra S. The Feasibility of an Exercise Program for Individuals 12 Months Post-Stroke in a Small Urban Community. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 2017;58(6):895-902.
- Dogra S, Ashe MC, Biddle SJ, Brown W, Buman M, Chastin S, Gardiner P, Inoue S, Jeffries B, Oka K, Owen N, Sardinha L, Skelton D, Sugiyama T, Copeland J. Sedentary Time in Older Men and Women: An International Consensus Statement and Research Priorities. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017; 51(21):1526-1532.
- Copeland J, Ashe M, Biddle S, Brown W, Buman M, Chastin S, Gardiner P, Inoue S, Jeffries B, Oka K, Owen N, Sardinha L, Skelton D, Sugiyama T, Dogra S. Sedentary Time in Older Adults: A Critical Review of Measurement, Associations with Health, and Interventions. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017; 51(21):1539.
- *Mccracken H, Dogra S. Sedentary Time in Male and Female Masters and Recreational Athletes aged 55 and older. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. 2018; 26(1):121-127.
- *O’Neill C, Burgomater K, Sanchez O, Dogra S. The acute response to interval and continuous exercise in adults with confirmed airway hyper-responsiveness. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2017; 20(11):976-980.
- Dogra S, Clarke J, Copeland JL. Prolonged Sedentary Time and Breaks in Sedentary Time are Associated with Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Young-Old Canadians. Health Reports. 2017;28(2):3-9.
- *McKewan T, Tam-Seto L, Dogra S. Perceptions of Sedentary Behaviour among Socially Engaged Older Adults. The Gerontologist. 2017;57(4):735-744..
- *O’Neill C, Dogra S. Subjective Responses to Interval and Continuous Exercise in Adults with Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2017; 14(6):486-491.
- *Good J, *Jagroop D, Dogra S. Sociodemographic, Health Related and Lifestyle Correlates of Physical Activity in Adults with Current Asthma. Journal of Asthma; 2017;54(1):69-76.
- Tam-Seto L, Weir P, Dogra S. Factors Influencing Sedentary Behaviour in Older Adults: An Ecological Approach. AIMS Public Health. 2016;3(3):555-572.
- *O’Neill C, Dogra S. Different Types of Sedentary Activities and their Association with Perceived Health and Wellness among Middle-Aged and Older Adults: A Cross-Sectional Analysis. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2016;30(5):314-22.
- *O’Neill C, Kimmerly D, Dogra S. Central and Peripheral Response to Incremental Cycling Exercise in Older Recreationally Trained and Recreationally Active Men. Physiological Research. 2016;65(2):303-309.
- Stathokostas L, Dogra S, Paterson DH. The Independent Roles of Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Sedentary Time on Chronic Conditions and Body Mass Index in Older Adults. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 2015;55(10):1200-6.
- Copeland J, Clarke J, Dogra S. Objectively Measured and Self-Reported Leisure Sedentary Time in Older Canadians. Preventive Medicine Reports. 2015;2:90-95.
- *Doggett N, Dogra S. Physical Inactivity and Television Viewing Time in Aboriginal Adults with Asthma: A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Aboriginal Peoples Survey. Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention in Canada: Research, Policy and Practice. 2015;35(3):54-61.
- Dogra S, Clarke J, Roy J, Fowles J. An Assessment of Current Practices for Body Composition Assessment and Health Risk Determination in the General Population. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism. 2015;40(2):134-41.
- Dogra S, Al-Sahab B, *Manson J, Tamim H. Aging Expectations are Associated with Physical Activity and Health among Older Adults of Low Socioeconomic Status. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. 2015;23(2):180-6.
- Dogra S, *Shah S, *Patel M, Tamim H. Effectiveness of a Tai Chi Intervention for Improving Functional Fitness and General Health among Ethnically Diverse Older Adults with Self-Reported Arthritis Living in Low Income Neighborhoods: A Cohort Study. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy. 2015;38(2):71-7.
- Fowles J, Roy J, Clarke J, Dogra S. Are the Fittest Canadian Adults also the Healthiest? Health Reports. 2014;25(5):13-8.
- *Kim THM, Dogra S, Al-Sahab B, Tamim H. A Comparison of Functional Fitness Outcomes in Experienced and Inexperienced Older Adults after Participation in a 16-Week Tai Chi Program. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 2014;20(3):20-5.
- Dogra S, Stathokostas L. Correlates of Extended Sitting Time in Older Adults: An Exploratory Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Canadian Community Health Survey Healthy Aging Cycle. International Journal of Public Health. 2014;6:983-991.
- Dogra S, Spencer MD, Murias JM, Paterson DH. Oxygen Uptake Kinetics in Endurance Trained and Untrained Post-Menopausal Women Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism. 2013;38(2):154-160.
- Dogra S. Physical Training is Well Tolerated, Leads to Improvements in Cardiopulmonary Fitness and is not Associated with Adverse Outcomes in People with Asthma. BMJ Evidence Based Nursing. 2013;16(1):20-21. **INVITED**
- Dogra S, Spencer MD, Paterson DH. Higher Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Older Trained Women is due to Preserved Stroke Volume. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 2012;11(4):745-750.
- Dogra S, Stathokostas L. Sedentary Behavior and Physical Activity are Independent Predictors of Successful Aging in Middle-Aged and Older Adults. Journal of Aging Research. 2012;190654.
- Dogra S, Kuk, JL, Baker J, Jamnik V. Exercise is associated with Improved Asthma Control in Adults. European Respiratory Journal. 2011;37(2):318-23.
- Dogra S. Self-Perceived Health is associated with Physical Activity levels in Older Adults with Chronic Disease. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. 2011;19(4):322-35.
- Dogra S, Meisner BA, Ardern CI. Variation in Mode of Physical Activity by Ethnicity and Time since Immigration: A Cross-Sectional Analysis. International Journal of Behavioural Nutrition and Physical Activity. 2010;7:75.
- Dogra S, Jamnik V, Baker J. Self-Directed Exercise Improves Perceived Measures of Health in Adults with Partly Controlled Asthma. Journal of Asthma. 2010;47(9):972-7.
- Dogra S, Baker J, Ardern C. Role of Age of Asthma Diagnosis in the Asthma-Obesity Relationship. Canadian Respiratory Journal. 2010;17(5):97-101.
- Meisner BA, Dogra S, Logan AJ, Baker J, Weir PL. Do or Decline? Comparing the Effects of Physical Inactivity on Biopsychosocial components of Successful Aging. Journal of Health Psychology. 2010;15(5):688–696.
- Dogra S, Baker J, Ardern CI. The Role of Physical Activity and Body Mass Index in the Healthcare Utilization of Adult Asthmatics. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. 2009;102(6):462-468.
- Dogra S, Meisner BA, Baker J. Psychosocial Predictors of Physical Activity in Older Aged Asthmatics. Age Ageing. 2008;37(4):449-54.
- Dogra S, Ardern C, Baker J. The Relationship between Asthma Age of Onset and Cardiovascular Disease in Canadians with Asthma. Journal of Asthma. 2007;44:849-854.
- Burr JF, Jamnik VK, Dogra S, Gledhill N. Evaluation of Jump Protocols to Assess Leg Power and Predict Hockey Playing Potential. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2007;21(4):1139-1145.
- Dogra S, Baker J. Physical Activity and Health in Canadian Asthmatics. Journal of Asthma. 2006;43(10):795-9.