Webinar: Towards an Inclusive Sport and Exercise Research Environment in Canada
Amplify Women in Research: YouTube Channel
Webinar on Analysis of CLSA Data:
Knowledge Translation Videos:
For People interested in their respiratory health:
Peer Reviewed Publications since 2016:
- Dunstan D, Dogra S, Carter S, Owen N. Sit Less and Move More for Cardiovascular Health: Emerging Insights and Opportunities. Nature Cardiology Reviews. Accepted.
- O’Brien MW, Ramsay DJ, O’Neill CD, Petterson JL, Dogra S, Mekary S, Kimmerly DS. Aerobic Fitness is Inversely Associated with Neurohemodynamic Transduction and Blood Pressure Variability in Older Adults. Accepted.
- *O’Rourke N, Dogra S. Constraints to Active Transportation in Older Adults Across Four Neighbourhoods: A Descriptive Study. Cities and Health. 2020; Published Online.
- *Linares A, *Goncin N, Stuckey M, Burgomaster K, Dogra S. Cardiopulmonary Response to Interval and Continuous Exercise in Older Females and Males. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. E-Pub Ahead of Print.
- *Patlan I, *Jeffrey M, *Lewis D, Green-Johnson J, Dogra S. Salivary IL-8 and IL-1RA Changes Induced by Exercise in Cold-Dry and Normal Conditions. 2021 Jan;137:155347.
- *O’Neill C, Dogra S. Low volume high intensity interval training leads to improved asthma control in adults. Journal of Asthma. 2020;1-5.
- *Goncin N, *Linares A, Lloyd M, Dogra S. Does sedentary time increase in older adults in the days following participation in intense exercise? Aging Clinical and Experimental Research. 2020;32(12):2517-2527.
- *O’Neill C, Dogra S. Reducing Anxiety and Anxiety Sensitivity with High Intensity Interval Training in Adults with Asthma. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2020;17(8):835-839.
- *Cunningham E, Weaver RR, Lemonde M, Dogra S, Nonoyama ML. Nordic Pole Walking for Individuals with Cancer: A Feasibility Study Assessing Physical Function and Health-Related Quality of Life. Rehabilitation Oncology. 2020;38(2):81-91.
- Dogra S, *Patlan I, *O’Neill C, Lewthwaite H. Recommendations for 24-hour Movement Behaviors in Adults with Asthma: A Review of Current Guidelines. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2020;17(5),1789.
- *Klicnik I, Dogra S. Perspectives on Active Transportation in an Age-Friendly City: “You stay home”. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2019;16, 4916.
- O’Neill C, Good J, Dogra S. Can EVH results predict post-exercise changes in FEV1 following interval and continuous exercise? Lung. 2019;197(5):609-612.
- Dogra S, *Wolfe M, Jeffrey M, Foley R, Sprenger H, Jones-Taggart H, Green-Johnson J. Disrupting prolonged sitting reduces IL-8 and lower leg swell in active young adults. BMC Sport Science, Medicine, and Rehabilitation. 2019;11:23.
- *O’Neill C, *Russell M, Balogh R, Lloyd M, Dogra S. Asthma Prevalence and Control Levels among Special Olympics Athletes, and Asthma-Related Knowledge of their Coaches. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research. 2019;63(4):338-345.
- Copeland JL, *Good J, Dogra S. Strength training is associated with better functional fitness and healthy aging among physically active older adults. Aging Clinical and Experimental. 2019;9:1257-1263.
- *Good J, *Viana E, Burgomaster K, Dogra S. Acute responses to sprint-interval and continuous exercise in adults with and without exercise-induced bronchoconstriction. Journal of Sport Sciences. 2019; 37(2):212-220.
- Dogra S, *Good J, Gardiner PA, Copeland JC, Stickland M, Buman MP. Replacement Effects of Reallocating Sitting Time with Physical Activity on Lung Function: An Analysis of the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging. Health Reports. 2019;30(3).
- West SL, Banks L, Schneiderman JE, Caterini JE, Stephens S, White G, Dogra S, Wells GD. Physical Activity and Exercise Recommendations for Children with Chronic Illnesses. BMC Pediatrics. 2019;19:12.
- *Good J, Dogra S. Subjective responses to Sprint Interval Exercise in adults with and without Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction. Journal of Asthma. 2018;55(10):1059-1067.
- *Jagroop D, Dogra S. Physical activity among Canadian adults with obstructive respiratory diseases. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, Metabolism. 2018;43(10):1075-1082.
- *Avery M, Wattie N, Holmes MR, Dogra S. Seasonal changes in functional fitness and neurocognitive assessments in youth ice hockey players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2018;32(11):3143-3152.
- Dogra S, *Good J, Buman MP, Gardiner PA, Stickland M, Copeland JC. Movement Behaviours are Associated with Lung Function in Middle-Aged and Older Adults: A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging. BMC Public Health. 2018;18:818.
- Dogra S, *Good J, Buman MP, Gardiner PA, Copeland JC, Stickland M. Physical Activity and Sedentary Time are Related to Clinically Relevant Health Outcomes among Adults with Obstructive Lung Disease. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 2018; 18:98.
- Dogra S, *MacIntosh L, *O’Neill C, *D’Silva C, Shearer S, Smith K, Côté P. The association of physical activity with depression and stress among post-secondary school students: A systematic review. Mental Health and Physical Activity. 2018;14:146-156.
- *Jagroop D, Waller-Mabreae A, Dogra S. The Feasibility of an Exercise Program for Individuals 12 Months Post-Stroke in a Small Urban Community. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 2017;58(6):895-902.
- Dogra S, Ashe MC, Biddle SJ, Brown W, Buman M, Chastin S, Gardiner P, Inoue S, Jeffries B, Oka K, Owen N, Sardinha L, Skelton D, Sugiyama T, Copeland J. Sedentary Time in Older Men and Women: An International Consensus Statement and Research Priorities. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017; 51(21):1526-1532.
- Copeland J, Ashe M, Biddle S, Brown W, Buman M, Chastin S, Gardiner P, Inoue S, Jeffries B, Oka K, Owen N, Sardinha L, Skelton D, Sugiyama T, Dogra S. Sedentary Time in Older Adults: A Critical Review of Measurement, Associations with Health, and Interventions. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017; 51(21):1539.
- *Mccracken H, Dogra S. Sedentary Time in Male and Female Masters and Recreational Athletes aged 55 and older. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. 2018; 26(1):121-127.
- *O’Neill C, Burgomater K, Sanchez O, Dogra S. The acute response to interval and continuous exercise in adults with confirmed airway hyper-responsiveness. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2017; 20(11):976-980.
- Dogra S, Clarke J, Copeland JL. Prolonged Sedentary Time and Breaks in Sedentary Time are Associated with Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Young-Old Canadians. Health Reports. 2017;28(2):3-9.
- *McKewan T, Tam-Seto L, Dogra S. Perceptions of Sedentary Behaviour among Socially Engaged Older Adults. The Gerontologist. 2017;57(4):735-744.
- *O’Neill C, Dogra S. Subjective Responses to Interval and Continuous Exercise in Adults with Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2017; 14(6):486-491.
- *Good J, *Jagroop D, Dogra S. Sociodemographic, Health Related and Lifestyle Correlates of Physical Activity in Adults with Current Asthma. Journal of Asthma; 2017;54(1):69-76.
- Tam-Seto L, Weir P, Dogra S. Factors Influencing Sedentary Behaviour in Older Adults: An Ecological Approach. AIMS Public Health. 2016;3(3):555-572.
- *Smith L, Balogh R, Dogra S, Lloyd M. Examining the Impact of a Multi-Sport Camp for Girls Ages 8-11 with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Therapeutic Recreation Journal. 2017; 51(2):109-126.
- *O’Neill C, Dogra S. Different Types of Sedentary Activities and their Association with Perceived Health and Wellness among Middle-Aged and Older Adults: A Cross-Sectional Analysis. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2016;30(5):314-22.
- *Goldgrub R, Côté P, Sutton D, Wong JJ, Yu H, Randhawa K, Varatharajan S, Southerst D, Mior SA, Shearer HM, Jacobs C, Stupar M, Chung CL, Abdulla S, Balogh R, Dogra S, Nordin MC, Taylor-Vaisey A. The Effectiveness of Multimodal Care for the Management of Soft Tissue Injuries of the Shoulder: A Systematic Review by the Ontario Protocol for Traffic Injury Management (OPTIMa) Collaboration. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 2016;39(2):121-139.
- *O’Neill C, Kimmerly D, Dogra S. Central and Peripheral Response to Incremental Cycling Exercise in Older Recreationally Trained and Recreationally Active Men. Physiological Research. 2016;65(2):303-309.